Summer is usually a holiday time in some parts of the world. But on other hand summer season is usually warm and hot which can create several health problems if proper care is not take to reduce heat in body during summer. Dehydration is the main reason to cause illness and health problems during summer season. Keeping body exposed to sun for long hours should be strictly avoided during summer as the body temperature could rise up and make it difficult for your body to cool down itself which may result in heat stroke and dehydration.
During summer to reduce heat in body it is very essential to consume food items which helps to cool down your body. Below are some list of food and drink items which you should include in your daily diet during summer to cool down the body heat during summer.
Foods & Drinks to Reduce Heat in Body during Summer
- Coconut Water: Coconut Water is natural energy booster drink and one of the best source of drink to reduce heat in body during summer. Coconut Water contains zero fat properties and anti-ageing properties which makes it recommended drink to drink during summer to reduce body heat during summer.
- Cucumber Juice: Drinking Cucumber Juice not only helps to reduce heat in body instantly during summer, but also protects skin and hair.
- Water Melon: Water Melon is must fruit to be consumed during summer season as it can help to cool down heat in body. Due to 92% water content and vitamin C it works as a perfect home remedy to cool down body temperature during summer.
- Butter Milk: Butter Milk is another perfect drink which helps to reduce the risk of heat stroke as well as it improves immunity.
- Mangoes: Mangoes are available mostly during summer season which is rich source of Vitamin C as well as it also contains anti-oxidants which helps to prevent several health related diseases. Drink one glass of Mango Juice or eat one Mango per day during summer season, as it will help your body to prevent heat stroke and dehydration.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is spice as well as used as a common ingredient in Ayurveda. Cardamom can be used to reduce the body heat naturally, you can include Cardamom in your tea or dishes daily during summer.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon Juice is rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, and Riboflavin. Which makes it best beverage to drink during summer to cool down the body heat.
- Apricot: Mix one tablespoon of honey with Apricot Juice and drink it daily during summer as it will help to cool the heat in the body.
- Sugar Water: Take a glass of water, add two tablespoons of sugar and drink it. This will instantly cool down the body heat.
- Peaches: Peaches should be must fruit to be consumed during summer season as it helps to protect our skin and body due to excess effect of heat. Eating dried Peaches also helps to maintain the heat produced in our body.
- Pomegranate: Every morning before breakfast drink pomegranate juice mix two drops of almond oil.
During summer it is essential that you drink plenty amount of water to keep your body hydrated.
What to avoid to Reduce Heat in Body during summer
- Avoid Consuming Hot and Spicy Food Items during summer.
- Avoid Fried and Fatty Food like Junk and Fast Foods.
- Use Olive Oil for Cooking.
- Avoid consuming nuts during summer as it increases body temperature instantly.
- Start following vegetarian diet during summer and reduce usage of red meat.
Home Remedies to Reduce Body Heat in Summer Naturally
- Keep your feet into tub of cool water for 15 minutes every day, this will help to reduce the excess heat present in the body during summer.
- Eat one teaspoon of poppy seeds (Khus Khus) before going to sleep during summer, this will help to maintain the body heat during night. Note that poppy seeds contains opiates and it should not be consumed in large quantities.
- Mix sandalwood powder with a bowl of cold milk and make a fine paste. Apply the paste over the forehead and cheek. This will instantly reduce the heat present in the body and will cool down the skin.
- During summer to reduce body heat naturally consume few fenugreek seeds daily.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with one glass of milk and drink it daily.
- Some other food which you should drink or consumer during summer to reduce body heat are bananas, sugarcane juice, citrus fruit juices, fennel green tea, and mint tea.
If you follow all these tips you can easily Reduce Heat in Body during summer.
Also Read: Best Food for Summer Season