Stretch Marks are scars and lines which are noticeable on surface of the skin. Stretch Marks are mostly observed in abdominal wall but it could also appear over the upper arms, thighs, and buttocks. Stretch Marks usually develops when the dermis layer of the skin is torn and it is mostly accompanied with rapid growth weight or muscle and high hormone levels which occurs at the time of pregnancy. Other than pregnancy Stretch Marks could also appear due to sudden loss or gain of weight, stress, heredity factors, and changes in physical conditions.
How do you get Stretch Marks?
The skin is made up of three layers, the outer layer is named as Epidermis, mid layer is named as Dermis and the last layer is named as Hypodermic or Subcutaneous. Stretch Marks are formed when the middle layer or Dermis is stretched beyond its elasticity, these stretch marks appears reddish or pink color.
Once Stretch mark appears on your skin it can spoil the appearance of the skin. However there are several natural remedies or methods which can help you to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Home Remedies on how do you Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Without spending on those costly and ineffective stretch mark removal creams you can get rid of stretch marks by using some natural ingredients commonly found in your kitchen.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is commonly used ingredient to treat several skin problems like dark spots, moles, age spots, acne, and wrinkles. To remove Stretch Marks also Castor equally works very well. Dip a small piece of cotton ball into Castor oil and massage it gently in circular motion over the Stretch Marks area for few minutes. Repeat this daily until you get results.
- Sugar: Sugar is one of the very effective natural home remedy to get rid of stretch marks, as sugar helps to exfoliate your skin. Mix one tablespoon of sugar with lemon juice and almond oil. Apply the mixture over the stretch marks area and massage it gently and rinse it off after 30 minutes with cool water. Repeat this process daily until you get desired results.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon Juice works very effective to remove stretch marks due presence to citric acid. Massage gently with Lemon Juice over the stretch marks area for about 10 to 15 minutes daily and rise it off with cool water.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa Leaves are rich source of protein, vitamin k and E which helps to nourish the skin. Mix Alfalfa powder with chamomile oil and prepare thick paste, apply the mixture over the Stretch Marks area daily until you get desired results.
- Egg Whites: Egg Whites are rich source of protein and it also acts as effective home remedy to treat Stretch Marks from the skin. Separate the Egg Whites from one egg and apply the thick layer of egg white over the Stretch Mark area. Keep it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. Repeat this daily until you get effective results.
- Olive Oil: As Olive Oil contains antioxidants and nutrients it helps to treat several skin related problems and stretch marks too. Massage the stretch marks area gently with Olive Oil daily until you see improvements.
- Potato: As Potato contains minerals and vitamins it helps to promote the growth and restoration process of skin cells. Slice up Potato and rub the slices of the Potato gently over the Stretch Mark area for about 10 to 15 minutes. Alternatively you can even apply Potato Juice over the Stretch Mark area and rinse it off with cool water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa Butter is natural moisturizer which can nourish your skin and reduce the stretch marks. Apply Cocoa Butter over the Stretch Marks area daily until you get desired results.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is very effective to treat various skin problems and here also to treat Stretch Marks it works very well. Daily apply Aloe Vera gel over the Stretch Marks area of the skin and leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it off with cool water. Alternatively you can even rub the Aloe Vera Gel over the Stretch Marks area until it gets absorbed on your skin.
- Water: Keeping yourself hydrated will always protect you from several kinds of skin disorders as well as it flushes out toxins from the body. Drink minimum 8 to 10 glasses of water per day to keep body hydrated.
All these above remedies will help you easily to Get Rid of Stretch Marks from the skin.
Also Read: How to Remove Sun Tan from Hands Fast