Loose motion is also known as diarrhea, it is a condition where there is constant passage of watery and loose stools. During such condition body loses water and minerals which can lead to dehydration, stomach pain, loss of appetite and weakness. Loose motions could maximum last up to 2 to 3 days and it can be easily treated with natural home remedies, however some loose motions are caused due to chronic disease of the large intestine and in such case medical treatment is very essential as it cannot be treated with any home remedies.
There are several home remedies which you can follow during loose motion, but if the loose motion is serious like if it exists for more than 24 hours followed by fever you should consult a doctor immediately. Below are some natural Home Remedies for Loose Motion which you can use while suffering with loose motion.
Natural Home Remedies for Loose Motions
- Mustard Seeds: Mustard Seeds contains antibacterial properties which is very effective to treat loose stools. Soak half teaspoon of Mustard Seeds into a half cup of water for 1 hour and drink the water. Repeat this process twice or thrice a day to get rid of Loose Motions.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate fruit has been used as a natural home remedy to treat lose motion from ancient times. Eating Pomegranate Seeds during lose motion will stop the lose motion and its symptoms. At the time of lose motion eat at least two Pomegranate per day.
- Honey: Honey is one of effective home remedy which can be used to treat lose motion. Take one glass of warm water, mix one tablespoon of honey and one pinch of cinnamon powder. Drink it every morning in empty stomach.
- Bael Leaf Powder: Bael Fruit is also known as wood apple and it is one of the best remedy to treat loose motions. The properties found in Bael helps to soothe the stomach muscles and thus reduces loose motion. Mix one tablespoon of Bael Leaf Powder and Bael Fruit Powder with two tablespoons of honey and consume it twice or thrice a day.
- Bottle Gourd Juice: Draining Bottle Gourd Juice while suffering from loose motion is a good idea as it will help in retaining the water content in the body as well as it will keep your body hydrated.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon contains anti-inflammatory properties which can be very effective to clear the stomach. From edges lemon juice has been used as a home remedy to treat loose motion. Extract juice from one lemon into a glass of water and add one pinch of salt and one teaspoon of sugar, mix it well and drink it regular intervals. This will help to flush out the toxins and will also keep your body hydrated and provide energy.
- Sago: Sago is very effective ingredient to reduce lose motions, on other hand it can also give releif from stomach pain and improve digestion. Soak two tablespoon of sago into one cup of water for several hours, and drink it. This will reduce stomach pain and will also prevent loose motion. Drink it several times a day to see effective results.
- Raw papaya is found to be effective in treating loose motions. It will help in easing stomach pain as well as reduce stomach cramps. Boil Raw Papaya for 15 minutes, strain the water and drink it twice or thrice a day. This will help you to get rid of loose motion.
- Mint: Mint leaves works as an effective home remedy to treat diarrhea due to presence of antibacterial properties which helps in digestion. You can chew Mint leaves every day after meals to improve digestion, this will help you to prevent suffering from loose motions.
- Buttermilk: Drinking Buttermilk at the times of lose motions can be very effective to provide relief. As Buttermilk contains properties which helps to fight against germs and bacteria, drinking buttermilk at the time of lose motions can soothe your digestive system. Take one glass of buttermilk and add one pinch of salt, black pepper powder, and jeera. Mix it well as drink it twice a day.
- Avoid Dairy Products: During loose motions avoid consuming dairy products like milk, cheese, milk powder, margarine, caffeinated drinks and high fiber or greasy foods. During loose motions our digestion becomes weak and during such time if you drink dairy products our stomach finds difficult to digest it and it can increase loose motion.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek contains anti fungal and antibacterial properties, and it is one of the effective home remedy for lose motions. Grind two tablespoons of Fenugreek Seeds into fine powder, mix the Fenugreek Seeds Powder into one glass of water and drink it every morning in empty stomach.
- Stay Hydrated: When you are you are suffering from loose motions you lose lots of energy as well as body gets dehydrated very quickly, so at times of lose motions you should try to keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. Minimum you should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day, as well as drink juices, soups, coconut water or Electrolyte water to provide your body energy and keep hydrated.
- Dry Ginger Powder: Ginger contains anti fungal and antibacterial properties which helps to sooth stomach, stomach pains and also improves digestion. Consuming ginger during lose motions also helps to get rid of lose motion. You can consume ginger by adding half teaspoon of Dry Ginger Powder in a glass of buttermilk and drink it twice or thrice a day.
- Starch Rich Foods: Once you recover from loose motion, you should consume food items which are rich in carbohydrate. This will soothe your stomach and improve digestion.
These all are Home Remedies for Loose Motion which you can follow to get rid of Loose Motions.
Also Read: Ayurvedic Remedies to Reduce Body Heat